Saturday, January 26, 2008

Bedtime Prayers for Children

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. Guard me Jesus through the night, and wake me with the morning light. Amen.

Angels bless and angels keep, Angels guard me while I sleep. Bless my heart and bless my home, Bless my spirit as I roam. Guide and guard me through the night, and wake me with the morning's light. Amen.

Bless me Lord, this night I pray, Keep me safe till dawn of day, Bless my mother and my father, Bless my sister and my brother, Bless each little girl and boy, Bless them all for heavenly joy. Amen.

Father in heaven hear my prayer. Keep me in thy loving care. Be my guide in all I do, and bless all those who love me too. Amen.

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, bless this bed I sleep upon. Four corners to my bed, four angels surround my head. One to watch and one to pray, and two to keep all harm away. Amen.

Father, keep us through the night, 'til the pleasant morning light. Bless with all thy tender care, little children everywhere. Amen.

No comments: